How is Jesus also God?
Jesus posed a very important question to his disciples when he asked, "Who do you say that I am?" It's a question we must all answer at some point, and we need Scripture to show us how.
The Deity of Christ presents a biblical defense of Jesus' divinity, the cornerstone of Christian doctrine. More than a dozen New Testament texts, pastor and theologian John MacArthur reveals how Jesus is God, and why it matters. This study will deepen your knowledge of Christ, and thus your love for Him, fortifying your will and increasing your worship.
No man in history is more perplexing or compelling than Jesus Christ—because no other man is also God. Let this book from bestselling author John MacArthur guide you deep into the profound truths of Christ.
Part 1: The Divine Glory of Christ
- The Eternal Glory of the Divine Word (John 1:1-5)
- The Glorious Preeminence of Jesus Christ (Col. 1:15-19)
Part 2: The Divine Authority of Christ
- Christ's Authority over Satan and Demons (Mark 1:21-28)
- Christ's Authority over Sin and Disease (Mark 2:1-12)
- Christ's Authority over the Sabbath (Mark 2:23-28)
- Christ's Authority over Creation (Matt. 14:22-33)
Part 3: The Divine Claims of Christ
- Son of Man and Son of God (Matt. 16:13-17)
- Equal with God (John 5:17-24)
- One with the Father (John 10:22-42)
- The Great I AM (selected Passages from John)