Why I Trust the Bible, by William D. Mounce, Paperback
- Author: William D. Mounce
We are often told we can't just assume the Bible is trustworthy. Many attacks have been launched against the credibility of Scripture from social media to popular scholarship to the point where many have serious questions about the Bible, such as:
- Did Jesus really live?
- Did the biblical writers invent their message?
- How could we trust the gospels since they were written so long after Jesus lived?
- How could we believe a Bible full of internal contradictions with itself and external contradictions with science?
- Aren't the biblical manuscripts we have just copies of copies that are so corrupted they don't represent what the original authors wrote?
- Why should we believe the books that are in the Bible, since many good ones were left out, like the Gospel of Thomas?
- Why trust the Bible when there are so many contradictory translations of it?
If you're struggling to answer questions like these, but want to, Why I Trust the Bible by eminent Bible scholar and translator William Mounce is here for you. These questions and more are discussed and answered in a reasoned, definitive, and winsome way.
The truth is that the Bible is more attested and defensible than it's ever been. Questions about the Bible are perhaps the most significant challenge to confronting Christina faith today, but they can be answered well and in a way that leads to deeper appreciation for the truth and ongoing relevance of the Bible.
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.