MacArthurs Quick Reference Guide to the Bible, by John F. MacArthur
- Author: John F. MacArthur
There's a major difference between merely reading the Bible and studying the Bible well, in order for it to truly transform your life. The difference comes down to the right resources not just to read, but to understand and apply what you are reading to your life.
In MacArthur's Quick Reference Guide to the Bible, acclaimed pastor and teacher John MacArthur guides you through key aspects of the Bible. This valuable companion to reading the has been prepared to help you develop good Bible-reading habits, and a greater understanding of the depth and breadth of God's Word.
For all 66 books in the Bible, it highlights:
- Author and date
- Key people
- Background and setting
- Key doctrines
- Key aspects of how God's character is illustrated
- How Christ can be found in that book
- Key words in the book
- Quick overview with a brief outline of contents
- Historical notes about what else was happening in the world at the time
- Frequently asked questions about the book
- Questions for reflection
Other valuable features include:
- How We Got The Bible section
- How to Study the Bible section
- Chronology of the Bible section
- Appendix with Quick Notes on Theology
- Chronology of Old Testament Patriarchs and Judges
- Chronology of Old Testament Kings and Prophets
- Timeline of the Ministry of Jesus Christ
- Index of Key Words
Packed with insight from decades of study and teaching, MacArthur's Quick Reference Guide to the Bible is an essential tool for anyone who wants to seriously study the Bible deeply, faithfully, and effectively.
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.