Everything in the Gospels shows how Jesus is the divine Messiah, Savior, Servant, Healer, and Risen Lord. Rose Publishing's Rose Guide to the Gospels will serve as your quick reference guide as you journey through the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Discover pictures, charts, and a user-friendly format that will introduce the four Gospels and help you explore the people, places, and stories in the life of Jesus.
This book includes:
- An introduction to the Jewish and Greco-Roman world in the time of Jesus.
- An overview of the life of Jesus—why he came, what he did, and why it matters for us today.
- The who, what, where, when, and why for all four Gospels. Compare how these books are alike and how they’re different.
- An in-depth look at how the Gospels were written. Know why we can have confidence that the Gospels are reliable testimonies of the life and work of Jesus Christ.
- A harmony of the Gospels with more than 100 events, all with Scripture references.
- A “who’s who” of more than 50 key people in the Gospels.
- Jesus’ fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah.
- Answers to skeptics’ objections about the resurrection.
- Material written by the Rose staff, along with these contributors: Len Woods, Aaron Clay, and Lisa Clay.
Whether you are studying the gospel accounts on your own, or with a small group, this guide will help you connect the details to see the bigger picture.