Two problems in Colosse lead the Apostle Paul to write to the believers there, sharing his wisdom, while he is in prison. First, Paul responds to false teachers who were belittling Christ, adding rules, and boasting of secret knowledge. Then, Paul addresses an individual believer, challenging him to imitate Christ by showing mercy to his slave who had run away. Paul's two letters life up Christ and affirm a truly Christian life, and they remain foundational for understanding Christ and His work in us.
LifeChange Bible studies encourage you to grow in Christ-likeness by prompting a life-changing encounter through God's Word. Explore a wealth of ideas for going deeper so you can return to this study time and time again.
- Study the whole books of Colossians and Philemon in 11 lessons
- Study on your own or with a small group
- Examine word origins and definitions
- Consider thoughtful questions on key themes
- Go deeper with optional projects
- Wide margins for personal notes