Breath as Prayer, by Jennifer Tucker
- Author: Jennifer Tucker
God created our bodies, minds, and spirits to be intimately connected with one another. Purpose-filled breathing is one of the most effective and calming ways to integrate aspects of who we are, especially during times of intense stress. Breath As Prayer invites you to the crossroads of Christian contemplative practice, Scripture, psychology, and science to deepen your faith, bring peace to your body, and discover a new reliance on Christ.
Breath as Prayer will lead you through the practice and the proven health benefits of Christian breath prayer: intentional prayers centered around Scripture that focus our minds on Christ as we calm our bodies through breathing.
Breath as Prayer offers:
- More than 80 breath prayers focused on Scripture, along with brief meditations
- Full-color illustrations
- A quick-start how-to guide to refer to as needed
- Guidance on a breath prayer practice
- The science behind breath work and prayer and why it works
- An invitation to reflect on the effect of breath prayers on your body