In Ten Words to Live By, Jen Wilkin reminds us of the life-giving power of God's perfect law for the believer. The Ten Commandments are words about obedience and holiness, making them timeless in their value and wisdom, spoken by God to a nation recently set free. Yet, today those same words are so often misunderstood, forgotten, or just plain ignored.
Wilkin teaches readers how the Ten Commandments could come to bear on their lives today, helping them to love God and others, to live in joyful freedom, and to long for that future day when God will be rightly worshiped for all eternity. Ancient and timeless, these words can't be overlooked. They serve as the rightful delight and daily meditation of those who call on the name of the Lord.
- The First Word: Undivided Allegiance
- The Second Word: Undiminished Worship
- The Third Word: Untarnished Name
- The Fourth Word: Unhindered Rest
- The Fifth Word: Honor Elders
- The Sixth Word: Honor Life
- The Seventh Word: Honor Marriage
- The Eighth Word: Honor Property
- The Ninth Word: Honor Reputation
- The Tenth Word: Honor in the Heart
- Conclusion: On Earth as in Heaven