There is new hope for those afflicted with conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, addictions, PTSD, ADHD and more.
While these conditions are skyrocketing, for the past four decades standard treatment hasn't changed all that much. Success rates in treating them is hardly improving. Meanwhile, the stigma of the mental illness label, while damaging and devastating on its own, can often keep patients from getting the help they need.
Brain specialist and bestselling author Dr. Daniel Amen is on the forefront of a new movement within medicine and related disciplines that seeks to change it all. In The End of Mental Illness, Dr. Amen draws on the latest discoveries of neuroscience to challenge an outdated psychiatric paradigm and help readers take control and improve the health of their own brain, minimizing or reversing conditions that could be keeping them from living a full and emotionally healthy life.
The End of Mental Illness will help you learn:
- Why labeling someone as having a mental illness is not only inaccurate but harmful
- Why standard treatment may not have helped your or a loved one, and why diagnosing and treating you based on your symptoms alone often misses the true cause of the symptoms and results in poor outcomes
- At least 100 simple things you can do yourself to heal your brain and prevent or reverse the problems that are making you feel sad, mad, or bad
- How to identify your “brain type” and what you can do to optimize your particular type
- Where to find the kind of health provider who understands and uses the new paradigm of brain health