Lament is the way you live between the extremes of a hard life and trusting God's goodness.
Lament is the way we bring our sorrow to God, but it is a neglected aspect of the Christian life for many believers today. We need to rekindle the practice of honest spiritual struggle that gives us space to vocalize our pain and wrestle with our sorrow. Lament doesn't dabble in trite answers and quick solutions, it progressively moves us toward deeper worship and trust.
Explore how the Bible, through the examples of the psalms of lament and the book of Lamentations, provides a voice to our pain. This book invites readers to grieve, struggle, and tap into the rich resources of grace and mercy God provides in the darkest moments of our lives.
Part 1: Learning to Lament | Psalms of Lament
- Keep Turning to Prayer | Psalm 77
- Bring Your Complaints | Psalm 10
- Ask Boldly | Psalm 22
- Choose to Trust | Psalm 13
Part 2: Learning from Lament | Lamentations
- A Broken World and a Holy God | Lamentations 1-2
- Hope Springs from Truth Rehearsed | Lamentations 3
- Unearthing Idols | Lamentations 4
- A Roadmap to Grace | Lamentations 5
Part 3: Living with Lament | Personal and Community Applications
- Making Lament Personal
- Let Us Lament