Good Grief: Gift Edition, by Granger E. Westberg, Hardcover
- Author: Granger E. Westberg
- Foreword by: Timothy Johnson
For over 50 years, Good Grief has helped millions of readers, including NFL players and a former first lady, find comfort and rediscover hope after loss. This classic work includes a foreword from Dr. Timothy Johnson, a leading communicator of medical health care information, and an afterword from the author's daughters telling how the book came to be.
Good Grief explores ten stages of grief: shock, emotion, depression, physical distress, panic, guilt, anger, resistance, hope, and acceptance. However, recognizing that grief is complex and deeply personal, makes it clear there is no one right way to grieve.
Good Grief shares valuable insights on the emotional and physical responses people may experience during the natural process of grieving. Reflection questions help readers explore their own experience with each stage.
Whether you are mourning the death of a loved one, the end of a marriage, the loss of a job, or other challenging life circumstances, Good Grief is a proven steady companion during times of loss. This new hardcover edition makes a great heartfelt gift for those who are grieving.
- Stage One: We Are in a State of Shock
- Stage Two: We Express Emotion
- Stage Three: We Feel Depressed and Very Lonely
- Stage Four: We May Experience Physical Symptoms of Distress
- Stage Five: We May Become Panicky
- Stage Six: We Feel a Sense of Guilt about the Loss
- Stage Seven: We Are Filled with Anger and Resentment
- Stage Eight: We Resist Returning
- Stage Nine: Gradually Hope Comes Through
- Stage Ten: We Struggle to Affirm Reality
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.