The Women of the Bible Speak
- Author: Shannon Bream
The women of the Bible lived timeless stories, and as we study them, we can learn what it truly means to be a women of faith.
People who aren't familiar with Scripture sometimes get the idea that women play a small, secondary role in the Bible. However, they played central roles in several Biblical accounts. It was Queen Esther's bravery at a vital point in history which saved her people. The Bible includes stories of warriors like Jael, judges like Deborah, and prophets like Miriam. The first person to witness the resurrection of Jesus was Mary Magdalene, who quickly became the first Christian evangelist, eager to proclaim the good news which would change the world forever.
In The Women of the Bible Speak, Fox News Channel's Shannon Bream explores the lives of sixteen of these Biblical women, grouping them into pairs and contrasting their journeys. In pairing their stories, Shannon will help us reflect not only on the meaning of each individual's life, but also on how they relate to each other and to us. Each chapter has a follow up section with study questions.
- Sarah and Hagar: Women of the Covenants
- Rachel and Leah: Sisters and Rivals
- Tamar and Ruth: Outsiders
- Deborah and Jael: Women of Valor
- Hannah and Miriam: Speaking God's Truth
- Esther and Rahab: Unexpected Heroes of Faith
- Mary and Martha of Bethany: Two Pathways
- Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene: Witness to the Gospel
- Jesus and the Women