Things That Matter: Overcoming Distraction to Pursue a More Meaningful Life, by Joshua Becker
- Author: Joshua Becker
From the bestselling author of The More of Less and The Minimalist Home comes a book with practical steps you can take to live a life focused on things that matter.
Do you want to live a meaningful life, with few regrets, while making a positive difference in the world? Is culture distracting you? Moments, days, and years may pass without stopping to seriously consider if you are living out your true purpose. Even if that question whispers to you, are you brushing it aside because you don't know what to change in life's busyness?
In Things That Matter, Joshua Becker helps you recognize the obstacles like fear, technology, money, possessions, and the opinions of others that keep you from living with intention, and then he gives practical ideas for letting go of these distractions so you can focus on what truly matters. He uses practical exercises and questions, insights from a nationwide survey, and success stories to motivate you to:
- Identify the pursuits that matter most to you
- Align your dreams with your daily priorities
- Recognize how money and possessions keep you from happiness
- Become aware of how others' opinions of you influence your choices
- Embrace what you're truly passionate about instead of planning that next escape
- Figure out what to do with all those emails, notifications, and pings
- Let go of past mistakes and debilitating habits
Things That Matter is a book about living well, overcoming the chatter of a world focused on the wrong things, and rethinking common assumptions of today to find satisfaction and fulfillment tomorrow.
How can we get to the end of our lives with minimal regrets? We set aside lesser pursuits and seek lasting meaning while we discover the joy of doing that every day.
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.