All pastors are familiar with criticism. How should he respond, and how can he offer constructive criticism of his own?
Joel Beeke and Nick Thompson offer wisdom, charity, and wealth of personal illustrations to answer these questions and more. The Bible is filled with critics, and it teaches us practical principles for responding to criticism, offering criticism, and creating a healthy church culture. As Beeke and Thompson unfold a theological vision for coping with criticism in the gospel ministry, you will be strengthened, encouraged, and equipped.
Part 1: Biblical Foundations for Coping with Criticism
- Old Testament Foundations for Coping with Criticism
- Christological Foundations for Coping with Criticism
Part 2: Practical Principles for Coping with Criticism
- Receive Criticism Realistically
- Receive Criticism Humbly
- Respond with Sober Judgment
- Respond with Grace
Part 3: Practical Principles for Constructive Criticism in the Church
- Giving Constructive Critique to Others
- Cultivating a Church Culture to Open Constructive Critique
Part 4: Theological Vision for Coping with Criticism
- Reorient Your Perspective