The Supremacy of God in Preaching, by John Piper
- Author: John Piper
People crave the greatness of God. Who will feed their souls? Could they say, "I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory?" As we explore the wasteland of a secular society, do we not ask, "Who but Christian preachers will say to the people, 'Behold your God!'?" Who could paint the landscape of God's grandeur for them? Who is going to use tales of wonder to remind them that God has triumphed over every foe? Who will cry out above every crisis, "Your God reigns!"?
John Piper makes a passioned plea for preachers to emphasize the supremacy of God as the bracing air of their sermons. He wants to see a new generation of preachers, and a revived group of seasoned brothers, set aflame with the grandeur of God, his glory as the goal of preaching, his cross as the ground of preaching, his Spirit as the power of preaching.
The Supremacy of God in Preaching, now revised and expanded, appears in hardcover for the first time.
Part 1: Why God Should Be Supreme in Preaching
- The Goal of Preaching: The Glory of God
- The Ground of Preaching: The Cross of Christ
- The Gift of Preaching: The Power of the Holy Spirit
- The Gravity and Gladness of Preaching
Part 2: How to Make God Supreme in Preaching: Guidance from the Ministry of Jonathan Edwards
- Keep God Central: The Life of Jonathan Edwards
- Submit to Sweet Sovereignty: The Theology of Edwards
- Make God Supreme: The Preaching of Edwards
Part 3: After Thirty-Three Years: God Still Supreme in Preaching and Ministry
- Jonathan Edwards Thirty-Three Years Later: Clarification and Confirmation
- In Honor of Tethered Preaching: John Calvin and the Entertaining Pastor
- Preaching as Concept Creation, Not Just Contextualization
- Thirty Reasons Why It Is a Great Thing to Be a Pastor
|Edition Description||Revised and Expanded|
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.
Send me an email when it's back in stock.