Give your growing baby the greatest gift of all: your prayers.
Pregnancy is a time of great preparation. We prepare the nursery for the baby, we prepare our families to welcome a new member, we prepare our bodies to bring a sweet new life into the outside world. Even as we prepare these physical things, we can prepare our hearts. Praying Through Your Pregnancy shows how.
This week-by-week guide is the perfect prayer handbook for this special time in your life. Each chapter reveals what is happening with your baby's development that week, starting with the very first moment of conception. You'll discover how to reduce stress and anxiety by placing your confidence in God for the healthy development of your precious growing baby. Journaling space helps you remember in years to come how God was at work at every stage. And each chapter contains a special list of Scripture verses to guide further prayer and meditation on God's Word.
Part I: Conception (Week 1 and 2)
- God's Timing for Your Baby
- Your Body, God's Perfect Vessel
Part II: First Trimester (Week 3 to 12)
- It's a Miracle!
- The Beginning of Your Baby's Brain
- God Hears Your Baby's Heartbeat
- Your Baby's Face
- Kidneys, Your Baby's Filtering System
- Tiny Hands and Feet, Fingers and Toes
- The Heartbeat of Your Family
- Half-a-Million Neurons and Your Baby's Memory
- Baby Teeth and a Sense of Smell
- The Digestive System and Allergies
Part III: Second Trimester (weeks 13 to 27)
- Your Baby's Voice
- Your Baby's Legacy
- Your Baby's Hair and Skin
- Your Baby's Future Mate
- Your Baby's Body Fat and Self-Image
- Are You Having a Boy or a Girl?
- Your Baby Strikes a Pose
- Your Baby's Special Moisturizer
- Strong, Healthy Bones
- Your Baby Has Favorite Flavors
- Your Baby Prepares to Breathe
- Your Baby's Balance
- One-of-a-Kind Fingerprints
- Your Baby Sees
- Resting in God
Part IV: Third Trimester
- Creating Your Birth Plan
- Your Baby Hears You!
- Your Baby's Immune System
- Baby-Soft Skin
- Growing in Faith
- Special Gifts
- Time to Prepare for Your Baby's Birth
- Your Baby Gets into Position
- Put Everything in God's Hands
- God Knows What You're Going Through
- One Week to Go!
- Welcome, Baby!
- Your Baby Might Be Late!