New moms have a large selection of resources to assist in planning and completing a healthy pregnancy and working through the first months and years as a parent. New dads don't have quite as much to help them navigate their new path in life. Super Bowl champion and father of five, Benjamin Watson seeks to change that.
The New Dad's Playbook is the game plan for any man who wants to be the best partner and father, from preseason (preparing for fatherhood) to the Super Bowl (birth) and postseason (after the baby is home). Men will have guidance in learning what their wives are going through physically and emotionally during and after the pregnancy, allowing them to support their most important teammate. This guide instructs men on what to expect when their baby is home, and what to do when the unexpected happens.
This honest and straight-forward book will take new dads from winging it to winning it.
Part 1: Training Camp
- Where's the Fatherhood Playbook?
- Pre-practice Warm-Up: What You Should Expect When She's Expecting
- What's in a Name and Babymoons
- Sex: The Good, the Bad, and Everything in Between
Part 2: Regular Season
- X's and O's: Your Pregnancy Handbook
- Bed Check: Her Body Is Changing and So Are Her Needs
- Baby Showers: They're Not Just for Women Anymore
- Make a Budget: Babies Are Expensive
Part 3: Super Bowl
- Scrimmaging: Last-Minute Preparations
- Game Day: Labor, Delivery, and Your First Moments with Your Child
Part 4: Postgame
- Monday Morning Quarterback: The Baby's Home, Now What?
- Keeping the Marital Bonds Strong
Part 5: Off-Season
- You Don't Have to Be Perfect to Be a Perfect Dad
- Team Expansion: The Second Child and Beyond