How many times have you almost immediately regretted posting something? How smart are you about how you go about streaming, messaging, gaming, commenting, and other online activities?
The Teen's Guide to Social Media and Mobile Devices will help you navigate the digital world through 21 refreshingly honest and humorous tips that will not only inform, but might just change the way you think about your social media interactions.
- Tip #1: Love the one you're with: Discovering the secret of "social" in a social media world
- Tip #2: Peek at your privacy settings: Do you know who's peeking at you?
- Tip #3: Nothing you post is temporary: Ever wish you could "unpost" something?
- Tip #4: The whole picture of those pictures: A deeper look at the effects of porn
- Tip #5: Don't do this alone: Seeking out a mentor
- Tip #6: Unmask: The myth of anonymity
- Tip #7: Yes, still don't talk with strangers: Do you really know who you're hanging out with?
- Tip #8: Take more "seflessies." Recognizing when selfies become too "self"
- Tip #9: Like me!: Uncovering your true identity
- Tip #10: Know the app before you snap: Exploring the intricacies of Snapchat
- Tip #11: Reevaluate your screen time: Trimming hours
- Tip #12: Frequent tech-free zones: Looking for space
- Tip #13: Friend Mom or Dad: Connecting with the people who matter
- Tip #14: Dissect your entertainment with media: Rethinking the music, TV, and videos you watch
- Tip #15: Pause: Remembering to think before you post
- Tip #16: Crush criticism and cruelty: Discovering the power of kind words
- Tip #17: Recognize the distraction: Texting, driving...and killing
- Tip #18: I see London, I see France: Why are you showing your underpants?
- Tip #19: No secrets: The implications of "Finsta"
- Tip #20: Sleep matters: Saying "nighty night" to distractions
- Tip #21: Look up: Staying aware of your surroundings