Students gain a global perspective in a fun and interactive way with Alpha Omega Publications Switched-On Schoolhouse History and Geography Grade 9 on a USB Flash Drive! Offering an engaging in-depth study of the history of the world's seven continents, related geography, settlement, environment, and more. This 12-unit computer-based course features engaging lessons, mapwork, learning games, video clips, plus quizzes and tests with automatic grading. Use this as a core course for 9th grade or as an elective for grades 10-12.
Students will learn:
- Political, economic, and cultural characteristics of the world in which we live
- Geographic factors that influenced historic events
- How to use tools and technologies of geography to get information and make predictions
- To analyze the role played by culture in the spatial organization of the earth
- Interrelatedness and interdependence of physical and human systems and their impact on our earth
- Define the key geographic concerns facing the world and strategize methods to deal with these issues in the future
High schoolers will gain practice in writing and note-taking by creating graphic organizers, conduct research, analyze information, and write essays on topics such as current events, energy resources, national parks, and more.
SOS is a comprehensive Christian curriculum that offers quality education, mastery learning, flexibility, and convenience. Employing the main auditory, kinesthetic, reading/writing, and visual learning styles, SOS gives you engaging, student-directed, self-paced customizable lessons that students enjoy.
Order your Alpha Omega Publications Switched-On Schoolhouse History and Geography Grade 9 on a USB Flash Drive today!
Switched-On Schoolhouse Features:
- The ability to save projects to your computer and upload to the SOS database when finished
- Automatic grading for 80-95% of student work (parents grade essays, paragraph essays and projects)
- Multiple reports, from format report cards and transcripts to quick daily activity reports
- Customizable scheduling and easy re-scheduling
- Text-to-Speech functionality for students to read along while hearing the text; many audio/video files have written transcripts available as well
- The ability to create your own course or assignment
- Alternate quizzes and tests
- Reading and Activity Logs to track activities and books read
- Attendance tracking
- Print capabilities for schoolwork done away from the computer - just enter their answers into SOS once you're at home
- Switched-On Schoolhouse is provided on a convenient USB stick
SOS USB System Requirements: See the back of the box image or contact one of our friendly Mardel customer service representatives at 1.888.262.7335.
- - Alpha Omega Publications Switched-On Schoolhouse History and Geography on a USB Flash Drive
- - Grade 9 comprehensive Christian homeschool curriculum for all learning styles
- - One-year computer-based complete in-depth study of the history of the world's seven continents and related geography
- - SOS features quality education, mastery learning, flexibility, and convenience
- - Interactive social studies course includes lessons, mapwork, learning games, and video clips
- - Includes quizzes and tests, automatic grading and lesson planning, a message center, and multiple print options
- - Can be used as a core course for 9th grade or an elective for grades 10-12