The Door in the Wall, by Marguerite De Angeli, Paperback, 128 Pages, Grades 4-10
- Publisher: Penguin Random House
- Author: Marguerite de Angeli
Ever since he can remember, Robin, son of Sir John de Bureford, has been told what is expected of him as the son of a nobleman. He must learn the ways of knighthood. But Robin's destiny is changed in one stroke: He falls ill and loses the use of his legs. Fearing a plague, his servants abandon him and Robin is left alone.
A monk named Brother Luke rescues Robin and takes him to the hospice of St. Mark's where he is taught woodcarving and - much harder - patience and strength. Says Brother Luke, "Thou hast only to follow the wall far enough and there will be a door in it."
Robin soon enough learns what Brother Luke means. And when the great castle of Lindsay is in danger, it is Robin, who cannot mount a horse and ride to battle, who saves the townspeople and discovers there is more than one way to serve his king..
- - The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De Angeli
- - Paperback Book, 128 pages
- - Classic story of inspiring triumph set in the middle ages
- - Originally published in 1949
- - Recommended for ages 9-14
- - Homeschool, classroom, learning center, co-op, tutoring, and more
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.