Description of Language Fundamentals, Grade 1 by EMC Evan-Moor
Language Fundamentals, Grade 1, will give your first-graders the grade-appropriate practice they need for a broad spectrum of language skills -- grammar, sentences, mechanics, and more. You'll love the test-format review pages and the sentence-editing exercises where students apply the skills to writing. Super companion for Daily Language Review, Grade 1.
Skills practiced include the following (age-appropriate terminology is used on student pages):
• Grammar Skills: common, proper, & possessive nouns; verbs; irregular verbs; comparative and superlative adjectives
• Sentence Skills: complete verses incomplete sentences, subjects and predicates, declarative and interrogative sentences
• Mechanics Skills: end punctuation; abbreviations of days, titles, and streets; contractions; commas within a series
• Usage: double negatives, indefinite articles, frequently confused words
• Vocabulary: rhyming words, synonyms, antonyms, compound words, contractions
• Sentence Editing: After practicing a skill, use the corresponding pages in this section for application to student writing. Students edit and correct sentences with common errors.