Abide gives you a new tool for learning Scripture in a fresh way. This New English Translation Bible features specially crafted prompts to guide you to engage with biblical passages with greater depth and imagination than ever before. Consider Scriptural truth alongside classic art, journaling, and praying biblical texts. Enjoy a new, life-altering encounter with God and His Word.
Do you crave life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is made to help you experience peace, hope, and growth that comes from experiencing the voice and presence of God in Scripture. The features in Abide are designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that will help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
The Abide Bible was created through a partnership with Bible Gateway and Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement. Explore articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of connecting deeply with the Bible:
- Praying Scripture: Model your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and developing language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It: Imagine yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its application to your life, opening yourself to God's direction as write.
- Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art such as a photograph, sculpture, or painting, and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate: Follow the church's practice of reading, meditating, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God's presence through the words of the Bible.
The line-matched, single-column text format, along with the Comfort Print font, will make this Bible even easier to read. Line matching will keep the text from another page from bleeding through as much, allowing you to focus on the page you're reading. The Comfort Print font is made to reduce eye fatigue, so you can open up your Bible and stay for a while.
- Complete NET text (without translator notes)
- 9-point type
- Comfort print font
- Single-column text format
- Two ribbon bookmarks
The New English Translation uses a blend of word-for-word and thought-for-thought translation methods, primarily keeping the word-for-word translations in the extensive footnotes. The NET Bible is known for having over 60,000 translation footnotes for an open look at the critical text translation process. For more information on the different Bible translations, view our Bible Translation Guide.