Discipleship is the buzzword today. Many believers are contemplating in a fresh way what it means to take the Great Commission seriously. Rediscovering Discipleship takes the guesswork out of Christian maturity.
Based on insights gained from a decade of personally making disciples, author and pastor Robby Gallaty tackles the two hindrances that keep believers from getting involved in making disciples: ignorance and uncertainty. Since many believers have never been personally disciple, they have no model to guide them in discipling others. Their ignorance of the process fuels their uncertainty, which leaves them crippled from the start. With simple principles that are easy to apply, Rediscovering Discipleship provides readers with the tools to follow the Great Commission—to go and actually make disciples who multiply and make disciples.
Gallaty begins with a brief historical overview of the discipleship ministries of influential theologians, preachers, and pastors from years past, and then identifies roadblocks that hinder believers from becoming disciples before offering a step-by-step process for readers to immediately get started on the path to effective disciple making.
Part I: Know the Man Before You Go on the Mission
- The Master's Model for Making Disciples
- Think Like a Hebrew
- A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
- Disciple-Makers Are Made, Not Born
- A Forgotten Practice
- A Band-Aid for the Church
- A Comma That May Have Kept the Church in a Discipleship Coma
Part II: The Method of Making Disciples
- Making Disciples in a McChristian Culture
- One for All, Not One at a Time
- Roadblocks to Making Disciples
- Why You Can't Disciple an Unbeliever
- Can I Make Disciples?
- MARCS of a D-Group