2 Corinthians, Knowing the Bible Series, by Dane C. Ortlund
was: $9.99 now: $7.99 20% Off Select Books -
- Author: Dane C. Ortlund
- Editor: J. I. Packer
- Editor: Lane T. Dennis
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies lead participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ; and
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an array of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
In his second letter to the church at Corinth, the apostle Paul defends the authenticity of his authority and teaching, helping his readers see that the gospel is full of seemingly paradoxical truths—strength from weakness, life through death, and comfort in affliction. Highlighting how the gospel confronts our own culture’s expectations and drawing implications for all of life, Dane C. Ortlund helps us discover the truth that the gospel humbles the powerful while strengthening the weak.
- The Strange Path of Comfort (1:1-11)
- Paul's Pastoral Strategy (12-2:17)
- The New Covenant (3:1-18)
- Life through Death (4:1-18)
- Reconciliation with God (5:1-21)
- True Relationships and True Repentance (6:1-7:16)
- Where Real Generosity Comes From (8:1-9:15)
- True versus False Leadership (10:1-11:15)
- Strength through Weakness (11:16-12:10)
- A Final Pastoral Plea (12:11-13:14)
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
In Store Only
Check your local store for availability.
Out of stock
Send me an email when it's back in stock.