The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies lead participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ; and
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an array of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
The letter to the Ephesians is a source of great encouragement, clearly proclaiming the mystery of the gospel and the supremacy of Jesus while applying that theology to practical living. Made alive in Christ, believers have received a bountiful inheritance and lavish blessings from God, fueling us for holy living. In this study, Eric Redmond opens our eyes to Paul’s teaching about God’s astonishing grace—grace that enables us to walk in love, holiness, and wisdom as we become imitators of Christ.
- Overview: The Church in God's Plan
- Believers' Spiritual Blessings (1:1-14)
- Prayer for Revelation (1:15-23)
- The Dead Alive by Grace (2:1-10)
- One New Man (2:11-22)
- An Interlude on the Mystery of Gentile Inclusion (3:1-13)
- Prayer for Love (3:14-21)
- Christian Maturity (4:1-16)
- Walking in a New Life (4:17-32)
- Walking in Love (5:1-14)
- Walking in the Spirit (5:15-6:9)
- Standing Firm in the Real War (6:10-24)