Ezra and Nehemiah, MacArthur Bible Studies, by John F. MacArthur
was: $9.99 now: $7.99 20% Off Select Books -
- Author: John F. MacArthur
The people of Israel were carried away to Babylon, where they lived as exiles and outcasts. God sent this judgment on His people because of their continued unfaithfulness to His word—but the day came when He called them to return to Jerusalem. However, when they arrived there, they discovered things had dramatically changed for the worse. The Temple was destroyed, the city walls were torn down, and the land had been taken over by people who did not want them back. There was work to be done, and it was not going to be easy.
In this study, John MacArthur guides readers through an in-depth look at the historical period beginning with Ezra’s early return to Jerusalem, continuing through the teachings of Israel’s prophets during the time, and concluding with Nehemiah and the people’s rebuilding efforts in the city. Studies include close-up examinations of Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai, Zechariah, and others, as well as careful considerations of doctrinal themes such as “Unequally Yoked” and “”Worshiping God.”
The MacArthur Bible Studies provide intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture. Each guide incorporates extensive commentary, detailed observations on overriding themes, and probing questions to help you study the Word of God with guidance from John MacArthur.
- Return from Exile: Ezra 1:1-11
- The Work Begins: Ezra 2:1-3:13
- Trouble with Samaritans: Ezra 4:1-5:17
- Choosing God's Priorities: Haggai 1:1-2:9
- Obedience Over Observance: Zechariah 7:1-8:36
- Unequally Yoked: Ezra 9:1-10:44
- Rebuilding the Wall: Nehemiah 1:1-2:20
- The Opposition Increases: Nehemiah 3:1-4:23
- Leading by Example: Nehemiah 5:1-6:19
- Worshiping God: Nehemiah 9:1-38
- Reviewing Key Principles
|Series||MacArthur Bible Study Guides|
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
In Store Only
Check your local store for availability.
Out of stock
Send me an email when it's back in stock.