Letters of John: Embracing Certainty in Times of Insecurity, John Stott Bible Studies, by John Stott
was: $12.00 now: $9.60 20% Off Select Books
- Author: John Stott
- Contribution by: Dale Larsen
- Contribution by: Sandy Larsen
We live in an age of insecurity.
New nations are rising up. Social and political patterns are quickly changing. The very foundations of civilization are threatened by violence, terrorism, and war. These outside insecurities are reflected internally by the the world of the mind and of the spirit. There's a growing distrust of the Christian faith and an increasing preference for agnosticism or free thought. Even church members may be feeling confused and uncertain.
Even against this background, we can read the letters of John to find a world marked by assurance, knowledge, confidence, and boldness. We can have twofold certainty: objective (knowing that the Christian religion is true) and subjective (that they have been born of God and possess eternal life). John expounds on both, while he takes it for granted that this double assurance is right and healthy Today, we urgently need to grasp this teaching about the nature of these certainties and the grounds on which they are built.
John Stott was among the world's top and most loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this Bible study guide you will explore Scripture under his guidance, sharpening your own study skill through his insights strengthened by years of immersion in God's Word.
- We Proclaim to You: 1 John 1:1-4
- Light and Darkness: 1 John 1:5–2:2
- The Tests of Obedience and Love: 1 John 2:3-17
- The Test of Belief: 1 John 2:18-27
- Holy Living: 1 John 2:28–3:18
- Assurance and Overcoming: 1 John 3:19–4:6
- Love Comes from God: 1 John 4:7–5:5
- We Can Know: 1 John 5:6-21
- Walk in the Truth: 2 John
- Welcome Strangers: 3 John
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
In Store Only
Check your local store for availability.