Revised and updated with a new chapter on the refugee crisis.
Welcome to the front lines. Everywhere we turn, battle lines are being drawn—traditional marriage vs. gay marriage, pro-life vs. pro-choice, personal freedom vs. governmental protection. Seemingly overnight, culture has shifted to the point where right and wrong are no longer measured by universal truth but by popular opinion. And as difficult conversations about homosexuality, abortion, and religious liberty continue to inject themselves into our workplaces, our churches, our schools, and our homes, Christians everywhere are asking the same question: How are we supposed to respond to all this?
In Counter Culture, New York Times bestselling author David Platt shows Christians how to actively take a stand on such issues as poverty, sex trafficking, marriage, abortion, racism, and religious liberty—and challenges us to become passionate, unwavering voices for Christ. Drawing on compelling personal accounts from around the world, Platt presents an unapologetic yet winsome call for Christians to faithfully follow Christ into the cultural battlefield in ways that will prove both costly and rewarding.
The lines have been drawn. The moment has come for Christians to rise up and deliver a gospel message that’s more radical than even the most controversial issues of our day.
- Retreat or Risk?
- The Greatest Offense: The Gospel and Culture
- Where Rich and Poor Collide: The Gospel and Poverty
- Modern Holocaust: The Gospel and Abortion
- The Lonely in Families: The Gospel and Orphans and Widows
- A War on Women: The Gospel and Sex Slavery
- A Profound Mystery: The Gospel and Marriage
- Bought with a Price: The Gospel and Sexual Morality
- Unity in Diversity: The Gospel and Ethnicity
- Unprecedented Crisis: The Gospel and Refugees
- Christ in the Public Square: The Gospel and Religious Liberty
- Let's Risk It All