Atomic Habits, by James Clear
- Author: James Clear
Tiny changes can build toward remarkable results.
No matter your goals, Atomic Habits will offer a proven framework for making incremental improvement every day. James Clear, one of the world's leading experts on habit formation, teaches practical strategies that will show you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.
If you're struggling to change your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits have a way of repeating, not because you won't change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You don't rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll gain a proven system that can take you to new heights.
Clear is known for his skill to break down complex topics into simple behaviors that can easily be applied to daily life and work. Here, he draws on the most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible. Along the way, readers will be inspired with true stories from Olympic gold medalists, award-winning artists, business leaders, life-saving physicians, and star comedians who have used the science of small habits to master their craft and vault to the top of their field.
Atomic Habits will change the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits. Whether you are hoping to win a championship with your team, or you hope to redefine an industry with your organization, or lose weight, reduce stress, or accomplish any other goal, this book will help you find a way to make it happen.
The Fundamentals: Why Tiny Changes Make a Big Difference
- The Surprising Power of Atomic Habits
- How Your Habits Shape Your Identity (and Vice Versa)
- How to Build Better Habits in 4 Simple Steps
The 1st Law: Make It Obvious
- The Man Who Didn't Look Right
- The Best Way to Start a New Habit
- Motivation Is Overrated: Environment Often Matters More
- The Secret to Self-Control
The 2nd Law: Make It Attractive
- How to Make a Habit Irresistible
- The Role of Family and Friends in Shaping Your Habits
- How to Find and Fix the Causes of Your Bad Habits
The 3rd Law: Make It Easy
- Walk Slowly, but Never Backward
- The Law of Least Effort
- How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the Two-Minute Rule
- How to Make Good Habits Inevitable and Bad Habits Impossible
The 4th Law: Make It Satisfying
- The Cardinal Rule of Behavior Change
- How to Stick with Good Habits Every Day
- How an Accountability Partner Can Change Everything
Advanced Tactics: How to Go from Being Merely Good to Being Truly Great
- The Truth About Talent (When Genes Matter and When They Don't)
- The Goldilocks Rule: How to Stay Motivated in Life and Work
- The Downside of Creating Good Habits
- Conclusion: The Secret to Results That Last
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.