Therapist Aundi Kolber debuts with Try Softer, implementing the wise and soulful traditions of teachers like Shauna Niequist and Brene Brown to help readers align their mind, body, and soul to live the life God created for them.
Our world preaches a try harder gospel telling us to just keep going, keep hustling, and keep pretending we're all fine, when in reality we are left exhausted, overwhelmed, and so numb to our lives. If we're perfectly honest, we've been over-functioning for so long that we can't even imagine it another way. How else will things get done? How else will we survive?
It doesn't have to be this way.
Aundi Kolber doesn't believe we have to white-knuckle our way through life. In her debut book, Try Softer, she reveals how God specifically designed our bodies and minds to work together to process our stories and work through obstacles. Aundi uses the latest psychology, practical clinical exercises, and her own personal story to equip and empower us to connect us to our truest self and truly live. This is the try softer life.
In Try Softer, you will learn how to:
- Know and set emotional and relational boundaries
- Make sense of the difficult experiences you’ve had
- Identify your attachment style―and how that affects your relationships today
- Move through emotions rather than get stuck by them
- Grow in self-compassion and talk back to your inner critic
Trying softer is sacred work, and while it won't be perfect or easy, it'll be worth it. After all, this is what we were made for: a living, breathing, moving, feeling, connected, beautifully incarnational life.
Part 1: The Process of Becoming
- "But How Long Will It Take?"
- Mind Your Brain
- Attached: Why Our Earliest Relationships Matter
- Too Hot, Too Cold...Just Right: Finding Your Window of Tolerance
- Boundaries Bring Us Life
Part 2: Practices To Try Softer
- Try Softer with Your Attention
- Try Softer with Your Body
- Try Softer with Your Emotions
- Try Softer with Your Internal Critic
- Try Softer with Resilience