Losing a loved one is painful and overwhelming.
As a mother who has suffered with loss on many levels, Kathe Wunnenberg knows from firsthand experience that there are no easy answers for those who mourn. Her tender and comforting devotions will help you deal with your grief and find hope and strength in God.
Grieving the Loss of a Loved One is a devotional for those who know the acute heartache that accompanies loss. Using Scripture verses from multiple translations, these thoughtful devotions will help you walk through the stages of grief, as well as offer specific encouragement for holidays, birthdays, and special occasions, when grief can be particularly painful.
You will walk away from the short thematic devotions and feel validated and understood, and renewed hope in the God who promises to never leave you.
Part 1: Denying
- Journey Through the Fog to Reality
- Grief Mirage
- Sailing to the Iceberg of Denial
- Truth or Denial?
Part 2: Venting
- Journey to the Volcano of Anger
- Journey from Envy to Trust
- Hidden Longings
- Jetty of Calm
Part 3: Questioning
- Wandering Through the Wilderness of "Why?"
- The Mystery of Death's Timing
- Stranded on "If Only" Island
- From Tragedy to Triumph
Part 4: Bargaining
- Journey to the Marketplace of Bargaining
- Father Knows Best
- God Delivered More Than I Bargained For
- Bargaining About Your Loved One's Eternal Future
Part 5: Crying
- Facing the Flash Floods of Tears
- Happy-Sad Tears
- "Remembering" Tears
- Others' Tears
- Growing Tears
Part 6: Surrendering
- Journey into the Fire of Surrender
- Running from God
- Required Courses
- Receiving a Lift Is a Gift
Part 7: Accepting
- Seated at the Table of Acceptance
- Lighten Up!
- A Tissue and a Candle
- "I'll Do It"
Part 8: Praising
- The Pathway Through Pain
- Mountain Mover
- Pain-Producing Praise
- Deep Roots
- Journey to the Schoolhouse of Praise
Part 9: Being
- Being with the Shepherd
- Being in the Darkness
- Slow Down and Detour to the School of Being
- Journey to the Cocoon of Being
- Enjoy the Now
Part 10: Celebrating
- Celebrate Your Framed Memories
- A Trophy to Remember
- Remember, Yet Celebrate!
- Journey from Winter to Springtime
Part 11: Relating
- Landscaping Loss into Your Life
- Grief Mentor
- Connecting Through Loss
- Journey to the Pond of Relating
Part 12: Living
- Journey to the Lighthouse of Living
- Living with New Roles and Expectations
- Being Thankful Is in Order
- Living the Father's Arms