Lemons on Friday, by Mattie Jackson Selecman
- Author: Mattie Jackson Selecman
After being married for less than a year, country music legend Alan Jackson's daughter Mattie was facing a future that didn't include her young husband and their lifelong plans.
Ben Selecman died twelve days after a traumatic brain injury, and three weeks before celebrating his first anniversary with his ife. Twenty-eight-year-old Mattie had to find a way to move forward and reconcile herself with a good God, even when He didn't give her the healing miracle she prayed for.
In Lemons on Friday, you will walk beside Mattie Jackson Selecman during the first years of grief following Ben's tragic death as she grapples with her loss and leans on a steadfast God. Based on Selecman's journal writings, Lemons on Friday will speak to all readers who need to carry on with their loved ones and take a hard look at faith when their lives haven't gone as planned.
“When fundamental parts of our lives are lost, when people and things we thought we’d never lose are suddenly gone, it’s natural to want answers,” writes Selecman. “Why did this happen? Who’s to blame? What could I have done differently? And for many of us in the aftermath of life-shattering change, we also want to know, where is God? Not just where was He when the tragedy happened, but where is He now in my darkest days of hurt, wondering, and longing for comfort? When I am on the floor, writhing in tears with no idea what the rest of my life will look like, where is God?”
Lemons on Friday delivers insight and peace for anyone grieving, but especially for young people experiencing loss and facing a future that feels full of question marks.
- For Better or Worse: How Did I Get Here?
- Pumpkins and Porches: What Do I Do Now?
- First Steps: Will I Always Hurt This Much?
- God Nods and Tree Stands: Where Is God?
- Clutching Paper Roses: Does Time Really Heal?
- A Better Name: Who Am I Now?
- Desperate Roots and Pruning Branches: Why Does God Allow Suffering?
- Head Up, Hands Off: How Do I Accept the Loss?
- Roots and Wings: How Do I Move Forward?
- Adjusting My Vision: Where Is Our Hope?
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.