Liturgy of the Ordinary, by Tish Harrison Warren, Hardcover
- Author: Tish Harrison Warren
We can become aware of God's presence in surprising ways through the overlooked moments and routines of our day. How can we learn to embrace the sacred in the ordinary, and the ordinary in the sacred?
Based on one ordinary day, this book examines daily life through the lens of liturgy, small practices, and habits that form us. Each chapter explores something such as making the bed, brushing the teeth, losing keys, which the author is all too familiary with. Drawing from the diversity of her life as a campus minister, Anglican priest, friend, wife, and mother, Tish Harrison Warren opens up a practical theology of the everyday. Each activity is connected to a spiritual practice as well as an aspect of our Sunday worship.
Come embrace the holiness of your everyday life.
- Waking: Baptism and Learning to Be Beloved
- Making the Bed: Liturgy, Ritual, and What Forms a Life
- Brushing Teeth: Standing, Kneeling, Bowing, and Living in a Body
- Losing Keys: Confession and the Truth About Ourselves
- Eating Leftovers: Word, Sacrament, and Overlooked Nourishment
- Fighting with My Husband: Passing the Peace and the Everyday Work of Shalom
- Checking Email: Blessing and Sending
- Sitting in Traffic: Liturgical Time and an Unhurried God
- Calling a Friend: Congregation and Community
- Drinking Tea: Sanctuary and Savoring
- Sleeping: Sabbath, Rest, and the Work of God
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.