Rings. Dress. Cake.
You’re engaged, and the checklist for the day of your dreams is a mile long. In the who, what, where, and how of planning, the why can be forgotten.
Ready to Wed discusses 12 Traits of a thriving marriage and offers a variety of topics to guide and advise those preparing to say, “I do!”
- Define a vision statement unique to your marriage.
- Positively engage conflict to build a foundation of trust and forgiveness.
- “Leave and cleave,” even if you are a child of divorce.
- Manage expectations—and your in-laws!
- Navigate hot-button issues including, sex and the chore wars.
- Cope with change, stress, and crisis—especially in your first year.
- Build a community of support and find mentors.
- Assess your progress using the Couple Checkup.
Loaded with advice, tips, and instructions, this valuable resource is ideal for soon-to-be-newlyweds and those who support them!
- God's Design for Marriage
Part 1: Proactively Investing in Your Marriage
- Leaving Your Parents and Cleaving to Your Spouse
- The Power of Commitment
- Honoring You All the Days of My Life
- Soul Mates: Building Spiritual Intimacy
- One Flesh: Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
- Communication: The Language of Love
Part 2: Managing Conflict in Healthy Ways
- We Are So Different!
- What Do You Expect?
- Fight Our Way to a Better Marriage
- Teammates: Ending the Chore Wars Before They Start
- Our Money Relationship
- Storm Shelter: Dealing with Stress and Crises
- How to Have a Great First Year of Marriage