Many of the ideas a woman develops about who a man should be are modeled early on in her father. Whether you realize it or not, the most important relationship your daughter develops is with you, her dad. Her self-esteem, choices, behavior, character, and even her concepts about her future spouse are all linked directly to the most important representative of the male species she has.
In Be the Dad She Needs You to Be, Dr. Kevin Leman, New York Times bestselling author and internationally acclaimed psychologist, and father of four daughters, demonstrates how to:
- Make each daughter feel unique, special, valued, and receptive to your ideas.
- Discipline, the right way.
- Talk turkey about what guys are really thinking.
- Keep the critical eye at bay.
- Wave the truce flag when females turn your family room into a battleground.
- Set your daughter up for relationship success.
You can develop a lifelong relationship with your daughter built on a firm foundation of mutual love and respect.