Create a safe and loving environment for your blended family.
Blended families face their own unique challenges, and sadly, good intentions aren't always enough. With so many complex relationships involved, all the normal rules for family life change, even how you apply something as simple as the five love languages.
That's why Gary Chapman, bestselling author of The 5 Love Languages and national expert on step families, joins Ron Deal in this book to teach you how the five love languages can help your blended family. Together, they will teach you:
- About the dynamics of step families
- How to overcome fear and trust issues in marriage
- How to develop healthy parenting and step-parenting practices
- How the love languages should, and should not, be applied
You are going to face many obstacles, but with the right strategies and smart work, your family can be stronger and healthier together.
- Blending Well, Loving Well
- Understanding the Languages of Love
- When Love Compete and Conflict
- Building Love Together in Your Marriage
- Building Love Together in Step-parenting
- Building Love Together in Sibling Relationships
- Building Love Together in Grand-parenting
- Building Love Together in the Face of Rejection
- Encouragement for the Journey Ahead