Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, by Meg Meeker
was: $16.99 now: $13.59 20% Off Select Books -
- Author: Meg Meeker
In today’s increasingly complicated world, it’s often difficult for parents to connect with their daughters–and especially so for fathers. In this unique and invaluable guide, Dr. Meg Meeker, a pediatrician with more than twenty years’ experience counseling girls, reveals that a young woman’s relationship with her father is far more important than we’ve ever realized. To become a strong, confident woman, a daughter needs her father’s attention, protection, courage, and wisdom. Dr. Meeker shares the ten secrets every father needs to know in order to strengthen or rebuild bonds with his daughter and shape her life–and his own–for the better. Inside you’ll discover:
- The essential virtues of strong fathers–and how to develop them
- The cues daughters take from their dads on everything from self-respect to drugs, alcohol, and sex
- The truth about ground rules (girls do want them, despite their protests)
- The importance of becoming a hero to your daughter
- The biggest mistake a dad can make–and the ramifications
- The fact that girls actually depend on their dads’ guidance into adulthood
- Steps fathers can follow to help daughters avoid disastrous decisions and mistakes
- Ways in which a father’s faith–or lack thereof–will influence his daughter
- Essential communication strategies for different stages of a girl’s life
- True stories of “prodigal daughters”–and how their fathers helped to bring them back
Dads, you are far more powerful than you think–and if you follow Dr. Meeker’s advice, the rewards will be unmatched.
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
In Store Only
Check your local store for availability.
Out of stock
Send me an email when it's back in stock.